Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Arby's Girl


Stomach feels that roast beef would really hit the spot.

So I head toward Arby's. My mouth begins to water at the thought of how wonderful this roast beef is going to taste...

Just one more car to go by and I can pull into the parking lot, yes now I am pulling up to the sidewalk.

I get outside of the car a this wonderful aroma gently caresses my nostrils, oh yes, the wonderful smell of roast beef...

I walk in the door and wow, what a line...

There has to be at least 12 people in front of me in line. I now look down at my watch, 12:15pm I landed smack dab in the middle of fast food rush hour...

It's OK I am off this day, and I can wait...

My stomach starts to rumble as this thought comes a crossed the mind...

I am waiting, and then waiting some more...

Then I noticed something...

The Arby's girl...

She was not overly attractive, nor was she unattractive, she was just there...

What she was doing however, was really bizarre...

I watch in disbelief, as she greeted each and every customer...

She would have a positive comment on their clothing, or their hair, or some of them she knew and would ask "hey, been out on the boat lately?"

These very brief comments, and conversations, were completely fascinating...

She uplifted each, and every person she met...

As many of the people were serious, or angry before they got to her, each one went to their tables or their cars with a big smile on their face...

Why is this bizarre?

How may people do you know that do this with every person they meet?

How would the world change if everyone would do this?


I tell you one thing, the Roast beef tasted better than ever!



So when you meet a stranger - Remember the Arby's Girl, and ask how can I uplift this person today...

Jesus Christ who lives in your heart, will smile when you do this...

For joy is brought to Christ when we up lift another, for love is the language that Christ speaks...


No comments: