Monday, September 17, 2007

dual green lights...


dual green lights…


yes, I have a new fondness for side impact air bags!


it's around 10:00am...


the light turns green, I pull out turning left…


i cannot see what is coming down the hill…


i am now trusting that any vehicle coming down the hill will obey the traffic signal…


a flash of a large black object enters my peripheral vision…


it is coming fast…


real fast…


and is heading right for my door…


as if in slow motion a slight screech and a large bang…


my head bounces off a white pillow that was not there a moment ago…


like billowy cloud this pillow cradles my body from the impact of the SUV that just "T" boned me…


i am thankful that I am not hurt in the accident that demolishes my car…


the woman tells the police that she is late for a doctor’s appointment, but that her light was green the whole time…


i smile as just recently I changed my insurance from full coverage to liability only...


it’s green light - vs - green light with no witnesses…


although we have conflicting stories about what just happened, we are very nice to one another…


we talk, laugh and become brief friends…


despite the dual green lights…


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you OK???? Can I help in anyway???

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're okay. If there's anything we can do to help. let us know. Airbags are a godsend.

Michael R Weir said...

Thanks gang!

All is well on the home front!

Thanks for caring!