Monday, November 26, 2007

Bed Time Angel

Morgan looks down at the angel in her hands. She was homemade and had eyes, but did not have a nose or mouth.

"Daddy why does this angel not have a mouth?" says Morgan.

"Well maybe she does not need a mouth to tell you that she loves you. Maybe she just loves you without saying so" I say

"I don't think so, can you please draw a mouth on her" says Morgan


So I take the angel into the office get a marker and draw a nose and a smiley face on her. I hand her back to Morgan.

"That's much better dad!" she says

We say prayers together and I pet her head (her term) and we talk for a while.

As we are first time parents, I ask her how we are doing often.

"Your doing a pretty good job dad. I love you and mommy both!" she says

With a smile I say good night...

No comments: